Student Classes & Workshops
Together We Stand offers a wide variety of educational opportunities for students including classes, workshops and day camps.
Topics of interest will include but are not limited to:
- Earth Sciences (aquaponics, urban farming, water purification, sustainable energies, etc.) with a focus on practical applications.
- Creative Sciences (create, build, plant, or compose something).
- Holistic Wellness (nutrition, fitness, balance, breathing, and focus).
- Practical Education (hands-on life skills).
Farm Workshop Level 1 (2.5 hr. grades Pre-K to 5yr) Especially developed for children of Pre-K to 5th grade age. This workshop program runs for 15-weeks in regular sessions. Workshop groups are limited to 20 children. Offered in 2.5 hour time blocks every week on Tuesday.
- Tuesday at 9:00am to 11:30am
- Week 1 – Soil production, Composting, Vermaculture
- Week 2 – Plant propagation (both soil & aquaponics)
- Week 3 – Backyard animals and other natural partnerships.
- Week 4 – Creative time (build or plant something to take home) Healthy, sustainable living & eating (food party)
Farm Workshop (3 hr. grades 6-12) Especially developed for students in grades 6 to 12.
- Offered every 3rd Saturday of the month.